Braised Beef with Lime-Cilantro Mayonnaise
Eye of Round Steaks are slowly simmered with onions in a stockpot for tender results. A simple sauce dresses up the final dish!
- 1-1/2 pounds beef Eye of Round Steaks, cut 3/4 to 1 inch thick
- 2 cups coarsely chopped onions
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
- Place beef Steaks, onions and water in stockpot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 45-60 minutes or until beef is fork-tender.
- Meanwhile combine Lime-Cilantro Mayonnaise ingredients in small bowl. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to use.
- Remove Steaks; keep warm. Strain solids from cooking liquid; discard solids. Carve Steaks into thin slices; arrange on serving platter. Pour enough cooking liquid over beef to moisten (about 1/4 cup). Serve with Lime-Cilantro Mayonnaise and lime wedges.
|Serv Size||Calories||Total Fat||Cholesterol||Total Carbs||Protein|
* The % Daily Value tells you how much of a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice. 4g Saturated Fat; 2g Monounsaturated Fat; Carbohydrates; 1.2g Fiber; 5.3mg Niacin; 0.5mg Vitamin B6; 1.6mcg Vitamin B12; 2.6mg Iron; 34.1mcg Selenium; Zinc; Choline;
Courtesy of BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com