Braised Chuck Steaks with Savory Lentils
This recipe features slow simmered Chuck Blade Steaks with onions, carrots and lentils lightly flavored with cumin.
- 2 pounds beef chuck blade steaks, cut 3/4 to 1 inch thick
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup uncooked lentils, rinsed
- 2 small carrots, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place beef steaks in skillet; brown evenly. Pour off drippings; season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Add water, onion and bay leaves to skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1-1/4 hours. Add lentils, carrots and cumin to skillet; return to a boil. Continue simmering, covered, 30 to 45 minutes or until lentils and beef are fork-tender. Discard bay leaves.
- Carve steaks into thin slices. Serve with lentils. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
|Serv Size||Calories||Total Fat||Cholesterol||Total Carbs||Protein|
* The % Daily Value tells you how much of a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice. 4g Saturated Fat; 5g Monounsaturated Fat; Carbohydrates; 5.1g Fiber; 3.4mg Niacin; 0.4mg Vitamin B6; 5mcg Vitamin B12; 5.5mg Iron; 32.3mcg Selenium; Zinc; Choline;
Courtesy of BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com