Chipotle Salsa Steak
If you enjoy the bold and spicy flavor of chipotle peppers, this recipe is for you! Steak is marinated in chipotle salsa then thrown on the grill.
- 1 beef Top Round Steak, cut 3/4 to 1 inch thick (1 pound)
- 1-1/2 cups prepared chipotle salsa
- 2 medium limes, peel grated, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Flour tortillas, warmed (optional)
- Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Combine salsa, lime peel and juice, and cumin in small bowl. Place beef Steak in food-safe plastic bag. Pour 3/4 cup salsa marinade over steak; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or overnight. Cover and reserve remaining marinade in refrigerator for sauce.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill 3/4-inch thick steak, covered, 10 to 11 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, times remain the same) for medium rare (145°F) doneness, turning occasionally. (Do not overcook). Place 1-inch steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 12 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 16 to 19 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) doneness, turning occasionally. (Do not overcook.)
- Meanwhile stir 3 tablespoons cilantro into reserved marinade. Carve steak into thin slices. Serve with sauce and tortillas, if desired. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
|Serv Size||Calories||Total Fat||Cholesterol||Total Carbs||Protein|
* The % Daily Value tells you how much of a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice. 2g Saturated Fat; 2g Monounsaturated Fat; Carbohydrates; 2.5g Fiber; 5mg Niacin; 0.4mg Vitamin B6; 1.5mcg Vitamin B12; 2.4mg Iron; 32.8mcg Selenium; Zinc; Choline;
Courtesy of BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com