Chipotle-Marinated Beef Flank Steak
Give Flank Steak time to marinate in a mixture of lime juice, chipotle peppers and garlic before grilling. You won't regret it!
- 1 beef Flank Steak (about 1-1/2 to 2 pounds) - One and three-fourths pounds beef Top Round Steak, cut 1 inch thick, may be substituted for Flank Steak. For charcoal, grill, covered, 12 to 14 minutes (for gas, grill, covered, 16 to 19 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. To broil Top Round Steak, place steak on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 2 to 3 inches from heat. Broil 17 to 18 minutes for medium rare doneness; do not overcook, turning once.
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce (from chilies)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lime peel
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl; mix well. Place beef steak and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 16 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 16 to 21 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Carve steak across the grain into thin slices. Season with salt, as desired.
|Serv Size||Calories||Total Fat||Cholesterol||Total Carbs||Protein|
* The % Daily Value tells you how much of a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice. 2g Saturated Fat; 2g Monounsaturated Fat; Carbohydrates; 0.2g Fiber; 9.2mg Niacin; 0.4mg Vitamin B6; 1.7mcg Vitamin B12; 2.7mg Iron; 36.2mcg Selenium; Zinc; 120.8mg Choline;
Courtesy of BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com