Classic Beef Surf & Turf
For an intimate dinner with close friends or family, serve this show stopping dinner with tenderloin steaks and your favorite seafood. Everyone at your table with think they are dining at a high-end restaurant.
- 4 beef Tenderloin Steaks, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 lemon
- 6 ounces cooked crab meat, lobster tail meat or shrimp, diced
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 1-1/3 cup prepared hollandaise sauce, warmed
- Chopped fresh parsley leaves, cayenne pepper (optional)
Grate peel of lemon; juice lemon. Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in same skillet. Stir in lemon juice and crabmeat; cook 2 to 3 minutes.
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place beef steaks in skillet; cook 7 to 10 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Remove steaks; keep warm. Meanwhile, steam asparagus until crisp-tender.
Place asparagus on large serving platter. Sprinkle with lemon peel; season with salt and pepper, as desired. Place steaks on top of asparagus; add crabmeat, reserving pan juices. Spoon hollandaise over steaks, asparagus and crabmeat. Drizzle steaks with pan juices. Garnish with parsley and cayenne pepper, if desired.
|Serv Size||Calories||Total Fat||Cholesterol||Total Carbs||Protein|
* The % Daily Value tells you how much of a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice. 20g Saturated Fat; 12g Monounsaturated Fat; Carbohydrates; 2.5g Fiber; 7.2mg Niacin; 0.9mg Vitamin B6; 5mcg Vitamin B12; 6.2mg Iron; 68.5mcg Selenium; Zinc; 117.2mg Choline;
Courtesy of BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com