Time: 195 Minutes
Dijon and Herb Rubbed Beef Roast with Cranberry Sauce
Mustard and cranberries make a delicious finishing touch for this oh-so-easy bone-in Rib Roast. While this dish take just minutes of prep time, your friends will only think it took you all day to make!
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine 3 tablespoons mustard, steak seasoning and rosemary in small bowl. Rub evenly onto all surfaces of beef roast.
- Place Roast, fat-side up, in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not resting in fat or touching bone. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 350°F oven 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 hours for medium rare; 2-1/2 to 3 hours for medium doneness.
- Meanwhile, combine cranberries, water and honey in medium saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until berries burst and mixture is syrupy. Stir in remaining 2 teaspoons mustard; remove from heat. Set aside.
- Remove Roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare; 145°F for medium doneness. Transfer Roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°-15°F to reach 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium.)
- Carve Roast into slices; season with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve with cranberry sauce.
|Serv Size||Calories||Total Fat||Cholesterol||Total Carbs||Protein|
* The % Daily Value tells you how much of a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice. 4g Saturated Fat; 4g Monounsaturated Fat; Carbohydrates; 1.5g Fiber; 10.9mg Niacin; 0.8mg Vitamin B6; 2.2mcg Vitamin B12; 2.6mg Iron; 44.1mcg Selenium; Zinc; 145.8mg Choline;
Courtesy of BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com