Garlic-Herb Crusted Beef Roast
A quick rub with staple seasonings give this lean roast a delicious flavor. As the beef cooks, whip up your favorite side dishes and you can feed a crowd!
- 1 boneless beef Bottom Round Roast, Bottom Round Rump Roast or Top Round Roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic-pepper seasoning
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley leaves, crushed
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Combine rub ingredients in small bowl; press evenly onto all surfaces of beef Roast.
- Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 325°F oven 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours for medium rare doneness.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare.)
- Carve roast into thin slices; season with salt and black pepper, as desired.
|Serv Size||Calories||Total Fat||Cholesterol||Total Carbs||Protein|
* The % Daily Value tells you how much of a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice. 5g Saturated Fat; 6g Monounsaturated Fat; Carbohydrates; 0g Fiber; 16.8mg Niacin; 0.8mg Vitamin B6; 3.2mcg Vitamin B12; 5.5mg Iron; 65.2mcg Selenium; Zinc; 220.6mg Choline;
Courtesy of BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com