Gremolata-Topped Beef Roast
Looking to mix up your beef roast? Try this Top Round Roast recipe with roasted fingerling potatoes and a zesty gremolata.
- 1 boneless beef Round Rump Roast, Bottom Round Roast or Top Round Roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 medium lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 pounds fingerling potatoes, halved or quartered if large
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grate lemon peel and squeeze 1 tablespoon lemon juice from lemon. Combine lemon peel, 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, 1 tablespoon minced garlic and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in medium bowl. Press mixture evenly onto all surfaces of beef Roast.
- Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef. Do not add water or cover.
- Toss potatoes with olive oil and remaining 1 tablespoon minced garlic on rimmed baking sheet; season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Roast beef in 325°F oven 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours for medium rare doneness; roast potatoes 55 to 60 minutes or until potatoes are tender and begin to brown, stirring once.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare.)
- Toss potatoes with remaining 2 tablespoons chopped parsley and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Carve roast into thin slices. Season beef and potatoes with salt, as desired.
|Serv Size||Calories||Total Fat||Cholesterol||Total Carbs||Protein|
* The % Daily Value tells you how much of a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice. 5g Saturated Fat; 9g Monounsaturated Fat; Carbohydrates; 2.2g Fiber; 13.4mg Niacin; 0.7mg Vitamin B6; 2.6mcg Vitamin B12; 5.4mg Iron; 48.2mcg Selenium; Zinc; 179.2mg Choline;
Courtesy of BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com