Grilled Porterhouse Steaks with Garlic-Herb Peppercorn Crust
A classic steak with a classic rub. Perfectly shareable result.
- 2 beef Porterhouse Steaks or T-Bone Steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 1 pound each)
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground mixed peppercorns (black, white, green and pink) - To easily grind whole peppercorns, use a pepper mill or coffee grinder (used only for seasonings). They can also be crushed in a food-safe plastic bag. Place the peppercorns in the bag, squeeze out the air and seal. Use the bottom of a custard cup, rolling pin or side of a heavy pan to crush the peppercorns.
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground mixed peppercorns (black, white, green and pink)
- Combine seasoning ingredients in small bowl; press evenly onto beef steaks.
- Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 16 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 15 to 19 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Remove bones from steaks; carve into slices. Season with 1 teaspoon peppercorns and salt, as desired.
|Serv Size||Calories||Total Fat||Cholesterol||Total Carbs||Protein|
* The % Daily Value tells you how much of a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice. 4g Saturated Fat; 5g Monounsaturated Fat; Carbohydrates; 0.6g Fiber; 5mg Niacin; 0.5mg Vitamin B6; 2.4mcg Vitamin B12; 4.4mg Iron; 11.2mcg Selenium; Zinc; Choline;
Courtesy of BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com