Grilled Southwest Steaks with Sunset Salad
Your family will appreciate these budget-friendly beef Eye of Round Steaks seasoned with the flavors of the southwest served with a fresh grilled vegetable salad.
- 2 beef Eye of Round Steaks, cut 1 inch thick (8 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons steak seasoning blend
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 small ears corn, husked - One cup frozen corn, thawed, may be substituted for fresh corn. Heat medium skillet over medium-high heat 2 minutes or until hot; add corn. Cook 2 to 4 minutes or until corn starts to brown, stirring frequently.
- 2 large yellow, orange and/or red bell peppers, cut lengthwise in half
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine Marinade ingredients in small bowl. Cover and refrigerate 2 tablespoons for Sunset Salad. Place beef steaks and remaining marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steaks to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Place corn and bell peppers on grid over medium, ash-covered coals; grill peppers, covered, 11 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, times remain the same) and corn 15 to 20 minutes (gas grill times remain the same) or until tender, turning occasionally. Remove; set aside to cool slightly.
- Add 3 to 4 additional briquettes to each side of fire grate to maintain medium heat, if necessary. Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 13 to 15 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 17 to 19 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, to prepare Sunset Salad, chop bell peppers and cut corn kernels from cobs; place in medium bowl. Add tomato. Whisk reserved marinade and oil in small bowl until blended. Pour over vegetables; toss to coat.
- Carve steaks into thin slices. Serve with salad.
|Serv Size||Calories||Total Fat||Cholesterol||Total Carbs||Protein|
* The % Daily Value tells you how much of a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice. 2g Saturated Fat; 4g Monounsaturated Fat; Carbohydrates; 3.7g Fiber; 6.4mg Niacin; 0.7mg Vitamin B6; 1.4mcg Vitamin B12; 3.2mg Iron; 28.8mcg Selenium; Zinc; Choline;
Courtesy of BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com