Irish-Inspired Beef Pot Roast and Vegetables
A Bottom Round Roast (or Round Rump) makes this meal affordable, the packaged gravy mix makes it easy to prep, and all those hours in a slow cooker make it fall-apart tender.
Share This Recipe
- 1 beef Bottom Round Rump Roast or Bottom Round Roast (3 to 3-1/4 pounds)
- 2 packages (24 ounces each) fresh pot roast vegetables (potatoes, onions, carrots, celery) - Packaged pot roast vegetables may also be referred to as stew or soup vegetables. One and one quarter pounds carrots, 1 pound small red potatoes, 2 small onions and 4 small ribs celery may be substituted for packaged pot roast vegetables. Prepare as directed above.
- 2 packages (.75 to .88 ounces each) mushroom or brown gravy mix
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup beer
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Prepare pot roast vegetables: cut potatoes in half (or into quarters if large), onions into 1/2-inch wedges, and carrots and celery into 2-inch pieces; set aside.
- Combine gravy mixes, flour, salt and pepper in large bowl. Add vegetables to bowl; toss to coat well. Remove vegetables from flour mixture and place in 5 to 6-quart slow cooker. Add beef pot roast to bowl, turning to coat evenly with flour mixture. Remove pot roast and place in slow cooker in center of vegetables.
- Whisk beer into remaining flour mixture until smooth; add to slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH 6 to 7 hours or LOW 9 to 10 hours or until beef and vegetables are fork-tender. (No stirring is necessary during cooking.)
- Remove pot roast and vegetables. Skim fat from gravy. Carve roast into thin slices. Serve with vegetables and gravy. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
|Serv Size||Calories||Total Fat||Cholesterol||Total Carbs||Protein|
* The % Daily Value tells you how much of a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice. 4g Saturated Fat; 4g Monounsaturated Fat; Carbohydrates; 2.5g Fiber; 6.6mg Niacin; 0.5mg Vitamin B6; 2mcg Vitamin B12; 4mg Iron; 37.8mcg Selenium; Zinc; 136.9mg Choline;
Courtesy of BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com