Shredded Beef Filling Two Ways
Tangy BBQ Sandwiches or Chipotle Tacos--your choice! This recipe provides two options to spice up a shredded Shoulder Roast.
Share This Recipe
- 1 beef Shoulder Roast Boneless (2-1/2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 can (14 to 14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- Tangy BBQ Sandwiches or Chipotle Tacos (recipes follow)
- Heat oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot. Place beef roast in stockpot; brown evenly. Pour off drippings; season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Add broth and garlic to stockpot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 hours or until roast is fork-tender.
Remove roast; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking liquid; reserve liquid. Trim and discard excess fat from cooked pot roast. Shred roast with 2 forks. Use to prepare Tangy BBQ Sandwiches or Chipotle Tacos.
Tangy BBQ Sandwiches: Combine shredded roast and 1-1/2 cups prepared barbecue sauce in 3-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until heated through, stirring frequently, adding enough reserved cooking liquid (up to 1/2 cup) to maintain a moist consistency, if necessary. Serve on split Kaiser rolls.
Chipotle Tacos: Combine shredded roast and 1 jar (16 ounces) prepared chipotle salsa in 3-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until heated through, stirring frequently, adding enough reserved cooking liquid (up to 1/2 cup) to maintain a moist consistency, if necessary. Stir in 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, if desired. Serve mixture with warmed flour tortillas.
|Serv Size||Calories||Total Fat||Cholesterol||Total Carbs||Protein|
* The % Daily Value tells you how much of a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice. 3g Saturated Fat; 6g Monounsaturated Fat; Carbohydrates; 3.8g Fiber; 4.7mg Niacin; 0.3mg Vitamin B6; 2.5mcg Vitamin B12; 5.2mg Iron; 38.5mcg Selenium; Zinc; Choline;
Courtesy of BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com