Smoky Chipotle Pot Roast with Cornbread
Give your favorite Pot Roast a smoky, spicy boost with chipotle powder and a can of tomatoes with green chilies. Fork-tender deliciousness awaits.
Share This Recipe
- 1 beef Shoulder Roast, Arm Chuck Roast Boneless or Blade Chuck Roast Boneless (2-1/2 to 4 pounds)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder - One tablespoon chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce may be substituted for chipotle chili powder. Rub peppers evenly onto all surfaces of roast as above.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
- Prepared cornbread or corn muffins
- Press chili powder evenly onto all surfaces of beef roast. Heat oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot. Place pot roast in stockpot; brown evenly. Pour off drippings.
- Add tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2 to 3 hours or until roast is fork-tender.
- Remove roast; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Return liquid to stockpot; bring to a boil. Cook 8 to 10 minutes or until sauce is reduced to 2 cups.
- Carve roast into thin slices; top with sauce. Serve with cornbread.
|Serv Size||Calories||Total Fat||Cholesterol||Total Carbs||Protein|
* The % Daily Value tells you how much of a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice. 2g Saturated Fat; 3g Monounsaturated Fat; Carbohydrates; 0.1g Fiber; 2.8mg Niacin; 0.2mg Vitamin B6; 2.4mcg Vitamin B12; 2.5mg Iron; 23.9mcg Selenium; Zinc; Choline;
Courtesy of BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com