Southwest Beef Pot Roast
The smell of a roast simmering in salsa will have your mouth watering for this flavorful meal. Bring on dinner!
Share This Recipe
- 1 beef Bottom Round Roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 jar (16 ounces) prepared thick-and-chunky salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- Heat oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot. Press cumin evenly onto all surfaces of beef roast. Place roast in stockpot; brown evenly. Pour off drippings.
- Season roast with salt and pepper; add salsa. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 hours or until roast is fork-tender.
- Remove roast; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Stir in beans and corn, if desired; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 8 to 10 minutes or until liquid is slightly thickened.
- Carve roast into thin slices. Serve with bean mixture.
|Serv Size||Calories||Total Fat||Cholesterol||Total Carbs||Protein|
* The % Daily Value tells you how much of a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice. 3g Saturated Fat; 3g Monounsaturated Fat; Carbohydrates; 0g Fiber; 8mg Niacin; 0.4mg Vitamin B6; 1.6mcg Vitamin B12; 3mg Iron; 28.7mcg Selenium; Zinc; 106.7mg Choline;
Courtesy of BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com