Zippy Beef Alphabet Soup
Warm up a cold day with this homemade version of alphabet soup filled with Ground Beef, beans and vegetables.
- 1 pound Ground Beef (95% lean)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (14 to 14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) Great Northern beans, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup uncooked alphabet pasta
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- Salt and pepper
- Grated or shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 3 slices whole wheat bread
- Olive oil for brushing
- 2 tablespoons grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 350°F. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Add water, broth, beans, tomatoes and pasta; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in broccoli; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 3 to 5 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender and pasta is tender. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Meanwhile, prepare Parmesan Toasts. Cut out shapes from bread slices with cookie cutters. Place on baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Brush cutouts lightly with oil and sprinkle evenly with cheese. Bake in 350°F oven 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Serve soup with toasts; sprinkle with additional cheese, if desired.
|Serv Size||Calories||Total Fat||Cholesterol||Total Carbs||Protein|
* The % Daily Value tells you how much of a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice. 4g Saturated Fat; 4g Monounsaturated Fat; Carbohydrates; 10.4g Fiber; 9mg Niacin; 0.5mg Vitamin B6; 2.3mcg Vitamin B12; 7.6mg Iron; 26.7mcg Selenium; Zinc; Choline;
Courtesy of BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com