Moroccan-Spiced Grilled Steak
Savor the fresh, fragrant tastes of the Middle East. Top Sirloin gets a sweet-and-savory rubdown before hitting the grill, where it’s surrounded by hearty eggplant and onion.
- 1 beef Top Sirloin Steak Boneless, cut 1 inch (about 1 pound)
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 medium white onion, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 flatbreads (such as naan, pita bread, etc), warmed
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Plain Greek yogurt, raisins, chopped toasted almonds or pistachios, chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Combine Rub ingredients. Press 2 tablespoons evenly onto beef steak; set aside. Brush vegetables with oil and sprinkle evenly with remaining rub.
- Place steak in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange eggplant and onion around steak. Grill steak, covered, 11 to 15 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 13 to 16 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Grill eggplant 6 to 8 minutes; onions 12 to 15 minutes (gas grill times remain the same) or until tender, turning occasionally.
- Cut vegetables into bite-size pieces. Carve steak into slices; then cut slices crosswise in half. Arrange beef and vegetables on serving plates. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Evenly divide beef and vegetables among flatbreads; garnish with Toppings, as desired.
|Serv Size||Calories||Total Fat||Cholesterol||Total Carbs||Protein|
* The % Daily Value tells you how much of a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice. 3g Saturated Fat; 7g Monounsaturated Fat; Carbohydrates; 7.6g Fiber; 15.3mg Niacin; 0.7mg Vitamin B6; 1.5mcg Vitamin B12; 4.2mg Iron; 47.3mcg Selenium; Zinc; 118.9mg Choline;
Courtesy of BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com