Ancho Chile Beef on Cornbread "Crostini"
Top hearty cornbread slices with grilled Top Sirloin Steak and onions, then garnish with a cooling lime cream sauce and mango relish.
- 1 pound beef Top Sirloin Steak boneless, cut 3/4 inch thick
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) cornbread mix - One 16-3/4 ounce package cornbread mix may be substituted for two 8-1/2 ounce packages. Prepare as directed above.
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 tablespoon ancho chile powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium red onion, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- Olive oil
- 1 medium mango, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup low-fat dairy sour cream
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lime peel
- 24 fresh cilantro leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 15-1/2 x 10-1/2 x 1-inch rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil; spray with nonstick cooking spray. Combine cornbread mix, milk, and eggs in large bowl just until blended (batter will still be lumpy). Stir in cheese and corn. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in 400°F oven 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Run knife around edges of pan; invert cornbread onto cutting board. Cool completely. Cut into rows lengthwise, then rows crosswise to form 12 squares. Cut each square diagonally in half to form 2 triangles.
- Meanwhile, combine chile powder, cumin and garlic; press evenly onto beef steak. Brush onion slices with oil.
- Place onions on outer edge of grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 15 to 20 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, times remain the same) or until tender, turning occasionally. Place steak in center of grid; grill 7 to 11 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 8 to 13 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Transfer steak to carving board.
- Chop onions when cool enough to handle. Combine onions, mango, chopped cilantro and lime juice in medium bowl; set aside. Combine sour cream and lime peel; set aside.
- Carve steak into thin slices. Divide steak evenly among cornbread triangles. Top each triangle with about 1 tablespoon mango salsa and 1/2 teaspoon sour cream mixture. Garnish with cilantro leaves. Serve immediately.
|Serv Size||Calories||Total Fat||Cholesterol||Total Carbs||Protein|
* The % Daily Value tells you how much of a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice. 2g Saturated Fat; 2g Monounsaturated Fat; Carbohydrates; 1.7g Fiber; 2mg Niacin; 0.2mg Vitamin B6; 0.3mcg Vitamin B12; 1mg Iron; 7.9mcg Selenium; Zinc; Choline;
Courtesy of BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com