Baja Sunrise Steak and Eggs
Smoky, citrus flavors brighten up your morning. Simply layer toasted tortillas, sliced steak, salsa and avocado for wide-awake senses.
- 4 beef Eye of Round Steaks, cut 3/4-inch thick (about 4 ounces each)
- 1 cup thick and chunky salsa, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chipotle chili powder
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon orange peel, divided
- 4 large eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 4 medium whole wheat or multigrain tortillas, toasted
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- Lime wedges (optional)
- Combine 1/2 cup salsa, orange juice, cilantro, chili powder and 1 tablespoon orange peel in small bowl. Place beef steaks and salsa mixture in food-safe plastic bag; turn steaks to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet; cook 11 to 13 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook eggs as desired. Keep warm.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup salsa and 1 teaspoon orange peel. Carve steaks into thin slices; season with salt and pepper, as desired. Evenly place steak slices and egg on each tortilla. Top with salsa mixture and avocado slices. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.
|Serv Size||Calories||Total Fat||Cholesterol||Total Carbs||Protein|
* The % Daily Value tells you how much of a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice. 4g Saturated Fat; 4g Monounsaturated Fat; Carbohydrates; 4.1g Fiber; 9mg Niacin; 0.5mg Vitamin B6; 1.8mcg Vitamin B12; 4.9mg Iron; 44.1mcg Selenium; Zinc; 198.6mg Choline;
Courtesy of BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com