BBQ-Rubbed Beef Roast
All your favorite barbecue flavors rubbed into a lean beef roast. Serve up with potatoes for your next meal.
- 1 beef Eye of Round Roast(about 2 to 3 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1-3/4 pounds small new red potatoes, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Heat oven to 325°F. Combine BBQ Rub ingredients in small bowl. Reserve 2 tablespoons rub for potatoes. Press remaining rub mixture evenly onto beef Roast.
- Place Roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 325°F oven 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours for medium rare doneness.
- Remove Roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F. Transfer to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare.)
- Meanwhile, combine reserved rub with 2 teaspoons water in large bowl. Add potatoes; toss to coat evenly. Place potatoes on metal baking pan and lightly spray with cooking spray. Cover with aluminum foil and roast for 1 hour. Uncover potatoes; stir and continue roasting 10 to 15 minutes or until tender.
- Carve beef Roast into thin slices; serve with potatoes.
|Serv Size||Calories||Total Fat||Cholesterol||Total Carbs||Protein|
* The % Daily Value tells you how much of a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice. 2g Saturated Fat; 2g Monounsaturated Fat; Carbohydrates; 3.6g Fiber; 8.2mg Niacin; 0.6mg Vitamin B6; 1.7mcg Vitamin B12; 4.4mg Iron; 40.2mcg Selenium; Zinc; Choline;
Courtesy of BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com