Beef and Spinach Breakfast Sandwich
A great way to use leftover steak or roast! This recipe combines beef, egg and spinach on a thin sandwich roll.
- 12 ounces cooked beef (such as steak, roast, pot roast or deli roast beef), thinly sliced
- 4 eggs or 1 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- Salt and pepper (optional)
- 4 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 4 whole wheat round thin sandwich breads, split, toasted
- Combine eggs, spinach and tomato in medium bowl. Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add egg mixture; cook 2 to 4 minutes or until eggs are almost set, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Divide egg mixture into 4 separate portions in pan. Evenly top with cheese and beef. Remove from heat and cover. Let stand 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Place one egg portion on bread bottoms. Close sandwiches; serve immediately.
|Serv Size||Calories||Total Fat||Cholesterol||Total Carbs||Protein|
* The % Daily Value tells you how much of a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice. 5g Saturated Fat; 3g Monounsaturated Fat; Carbohydrates; 5.7g Fiber; 4.9mg Niacin; 0.3mg Vitamin B6; 2.8mcg Vitamin B12; 5.2mg Iron; 41.5mcg Selenium; Zinc; 3.1mg Choline;
Courtesy of BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com