Beef Brisket with Savory Carrots & Dried Plums
This beef brisket is as flavorful as can be. Carrots and dried plums make for the perfect autumn accompaniment to this roast. This Beef. It's What's For Dinner. recipe is certified by the American Heart Association®.
- 2-1/2 to 3-1/2- pound boneless beef Brisket
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 5 cups sliced or baby carrots
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces pitted prunes
- Heat large stock pot over medium heat until hot. Place Brisket in stockpot; brown evenly. Remove Brisket. Pour off drippings, if necessary.
- Add onion to stock pot; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender. Add 1 cup water; cook 1 to 2 minutes until browned bits attached to skillet are dissolved. Return Brisket; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly. Simmer 2-3/4 to 3-1/4 hours. Add carrots, brown sugar, lemon juice, salt, cinnamon and pepper, and prunes; continue cooking, covered, 30 minutes or until Brisket is fork-tender. Remove Brisket, carrots, and prunes; keep warm.
- Bring cooking liquid to a boil; cook, uncovered, over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1 cup. Trim fat from brisket; carve diagonally across the grain. Serve with carrots, prunes, and sauce.
|Serv Size||Calories||Total Fat||Cholesterol||Total Carbs||Protein|
* The % Daily Value tells you how much of a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice. 2.7g Saturated Fat; 2.9g Monounsaturated Fat; Carbohydrates; 3.6g Fiber; 5mg Niacin; 0.4mg Vitamin B6; 2.1mcg Vitamin B12; 2.8mg Iron; 27.2mcg Selenium; Zinc; 112.7mg Choline;
Courtesy of BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com