Beef Fajita Salad with Mango-Serrano Vinaigrette
After marinating, Top Sirloin Steak can be grilled or broiled to perfection before being added to this fresh, nutritious salad.
- 1 beef Top Sirloin Steak boneless, cut 1 inch thick (about 1 pound)
- 3 medium mangos, peeled, cut in half - To peel and halve mangos, remove thin slice from one end so mango stands upright. Working from top to bottom, remove peel with sharp paring knife in thin strips. Cut down lengthwise along each side of flat pit to cut in half.
- Olive oil
- 2 medium poblano peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large red onion (about 11 ounces), cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 cup radishes, thinly sliced (about 1 bunch)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 to 2 serrano peppers - For less heat, remove seeds from serrano peppers.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Brush mangos lightly with oil. Place mangos and poblano peppers in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill peppers, covered, 9 to 10 minutes (gas grill times remain the same) or until skins are completely blackened, turning occasionally. Grill mangos 8 to 14 minutes (gas grill times remain the same) or until very tender, turning occasionally. Place peppers in food-safe plastic bag; close bag. Let stand 15 minutes. Set mangos aside.
- Press black pepper evenly onto beef steak. Brush onion slices lightly with oil. Place steak in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange onion slices around steak. Grill steak and onion, covered, 11 to 15 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 13 to 16 minutes) or until steak is medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness and onion is tender, turning occasionally. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, prepare Vinaigrette. Cut grilled mangos into 3/4-inch pieces. Combine 1/2 cup mango, lime juice, water and serrano peppers in food processor container. Cover; process until smooth. With motor running, slowly add oil through opening in cover, processing until well blended. Season with salt, as desired. Set aside.
- Remove and discard skins, stems and seeds from poblano peppers; cut into 3/4-inch pieces. Carve steak into slices. Cut onion slices in half. Place beef, remaining mango pieces, onion, peppers and radishes on serving platter. Season with salt, as desired. Drizzle salad with vinaigrette; toss lightly to coat. Sprinkle with cilantro.
|Serv Size||Calories||Total Fat||Cholesterol||Total Carbs||Protein|
* The % Daily Value tells you how much of a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice. 3g Saturated Fat; 10g Monounsaturated Fat; Carbohydrates; 6g Fiber; 9.1mg Niacin; 1.2mg Vitamin B6; 1.5mcg Vitamin B12; 3.2mg Iron; 32.2mcg Selenium; Zinc; Choline;
Courtesy of BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com