Beef Tenderloin with Easy Cranberry Balsamic Sauce
You're sure to keep your stamina during the hustle and bustle of holiday season with this Tenderloin Roast recipe. Served with a cranberry balsamic sauce to make it that much more delicious.
- 1 whole beef Tenderloin Roast (about 4 to 5 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1 can (16 ounces) whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 425°F. Combine thyme and pepper; reserve 1 teaspoon seasoning mixture for sauce. Press remaining seasoning mixture evenly onto all surfaces of beef roast.
- Place Roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 425°F oven 45 to 55 minutes for medium rare; 55 to 65 minutes for medium doneness.
- Remove Roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare; 145°F for medium. Transfer Roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10° to 15°F to reach 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium.)
- Meanwhile prepare sauce. Combine vinegar and shallots in small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 3 minutes. Stir in cranberry sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 6 minutes to blend flavors, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in reserved seasoning and salt.
- Carve Roast into slices; serve with sauce.
|Serv Size||Calories||Total Fat||Cholesterol||Total Carbs||Protein|
* The % Daily Value tells you how much of a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice. 4g Saturated Fat; 4.4g Monounsaturated Fat; Carbohydrates; 0g Fiber; 0mg Niacin; 1mg Vitamin B6; 5.6mcg Vitamin B12; 5mg Iron; 34.2mcg Selenium; Zinc; 0.3mg Choline;
Courtesy of BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com