American Foods Group, LLC offers a hands-on summer Internship Program. During your internship you will be fully exposed to the industry and our company culture to gain experiences that are outside the scope of the classroom. Throughout the summer you will work alongside industry experts while completing projects to enhance our facilities, systems, and processes.
If you are working on earning your bachelor’s degree and have a desire to apply your knowledge within a food manufacturing organization, your next opportunity could be with American Foods Group, LLC!Apply Now
What will you gain
Knowledge and understanding of the business through hands-on activities, coaching, and projects.
Learning opportunities include:
- Be exposed to some of the best leaders in the cattle industry and develop knowledge and skills associated with the food processing business
- Thrive in a teamwork environment, hone interpersonal skills, and formulate potential career opportunities
- Manage various projects throughout the internship that are specific to your declared discipline
- Earn academic credits through a supervised educational internship
- Learn specifically about American Foods Group, LLC and gain real work experience that you cannot achieve in the classroom
Earn a competitive wage
- All interns are compensated at $15.00/hr.
Housing provided at no cost to you
- Housing is arranged for you at a convenient location closest to your site of employment
- 100% of housing costs are covered
- Housing is available to those who are relocating for their summer internship. Housing will not be provided if you are a local resident to your internship location
Company sponsored events
- Throughout the summer there will be opportunities to attend events with all the interns, supervisors, and members of the senior leadership team.
- A few events that could take place are reception dinners, bowling, baseball games, lunches, tournaments, and so much more!
- Be part of a growing organization that values our people, products, facilities, systems, and processes to ensure we stay on top of our game.
- We encourage sharing and testing of new ideas, because they are the seeds of continuing success. To better serve our Partners, we must develop new skills and ways to contribute every year. One of the ways that we display this is through our Internship Program. We understand that we need to teach, educate, and provide for our future.
What I enjoyed most about interning at American Foods Group is the family culture within every part of the company. AFG was built on family, having strong work ethics, and principles in life. To see a business that’s continuously growing and still carrying those beliefs is something truly special. The people at AFG truly care about the people and the company which I see as a winning equation. Another thing that impresses me is the respect you receive. That helped me grow as an individual and have confidence in what I was doing.
Walker, Operations Intern
2019 & 2020
I enjoyed interning with AFG, because this company designs a true learning environment. I met people from all walks of life the last two years I have interned with AFG and I learned beyond just how to do a job. I learned how to communcate and work with others who are different than me. While learning the processes of how to obtain the products we produce I learned beyond just the meat that was in front of me.
Josee, Quality Assurance Intern
2019 & 2020
This hands-on internship is heavily engaged in day-to-day production activities manufacturing millions of pounds of beef on an annual basis. You will work with experienced employees to learn all aspects of either Harvest (Barn, Hide-On, Hide-Off, and Variety Meats) or Fabrication (Boning and Packaging) while developing managerial based skills.Learn More
Work alongside supervisors and USDA employees throughout the summer monitoring employees and plant procedures according to the SQF Code, solve contamination issues, and ensuring critical control points are functioning properly.Learn More
Work alongside management on critical projects while bringing fresh ideas to the table!Learn More
Proactively work with team members to solve for service failures, load planning, optimization, and being a pivotal link between various departments.Learn More
Learning & Development
Develop training content and eLearning courses within our Learning Management System from scratch and/or redesigning modules to make them more engaging, executing throughout the company facilities.Learn More
Provide companywide support to ensure the security of internal and external security systems.Learn More
Own corporate projects from concept to delivery while following brand guidelines, color theory, typography, and photography.Learn More
Bilingual HRMS & Benefits
Provide technical and functional support to our HRIS and Benefits team and end users by developing methods for employees to be more engaged and self-sufficient with the tools available to them.Learn More
Finance, Accounting, Credit
Learn the intricacies of monthly balance sheet reconciliations, month end close activities, daily cash management, and journal entries.Learn More
- Must have completed your Junior year at accredited College or University
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Have the desire and ability to work well both independently and cross functionally
- Are willing to engage others through strong communication and leadership skills
- Are an inquisitive individual that has a desire to gain knowledge through experience
- Have reliable transportation to and from working location
Everything you need to know about the application process and FAQ’s.
Click on each step to learn more.
How long will it take me?
10– 15 minutes
What will I need to complete?
You’ll apply online including your resume, contact information, and job history
Answer a few questions for us to get to know you
What happens after I apply?
Your information will be sent and reviewed by a recruiter.
When will I be contacted?
You will receive an email confirming your submission immediately after applying. If you’ve met the minimum qualifications and we are interested in you, a recruiter will contact you to schedule an interview.
Where will my interview take place?
Your initial interview will be a phone interview with a recruiter. If you are chosen to speak with the hiring manager for further consideration your second interview will be via phone, video conference, or in-person. This will be based on the hiring manager, location, and availability.
How do I prepare?
Your initial interview will last about 20-30 minutes. You will be asked questions on your experiences, skillset, and qualifications, and why you feel you would be a good fit at American Foods Group.
Who will I be speaking with?
You will be interviewed by recruiters, hiring managers, and potentially other employees you could be working with.
When will you find out?
You will be notified of the decision within one to two weeks after your interview with the hiring manager.