Management Trainee Program
At American Foods Group, we are building a culture where the highest goal is to empower others to accomplish more. With values focused on relationships and teamwork, we are looking for leaders who are interested in helping our employees reach their fullest potential.
What you will gain
Our Management Trainee Program will take you through a 12-24 month "Barn-to-Box" training process providing an extensive experience within plant operations. You will achieve this by:
- Working hands on within each department of the plant
- Connecting you with highly experienced leaders
- Completing high visible projects
- Implementing new processes
- Attending customized leadership training specific to the Management Trainee program
- Experience a culture focused on teamwork, relationships, and innovative thinking
Who we are
We believe in finding and providing opportunities.
We will champion meaningful contributions to support our employees and the global food system.
We work together as family to provide safe, wholesome meat and proudly support our employees, partners and communities.
An ideal candidate will possess
- Bachelor's Degree in business, operations or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong communication skills including reading, writing and speaking in English.
- Willingness to relocate to any of the AFG facilities after training is complete.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel preferred.
- Must be willing and able to travel 35% of the time.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Proven ability to problem-solve and think critically.
- People and relationship focus.
- Proven problem-solving and critical thinking ability, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work across multiple functions and with all levels of employees and leadership.
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced organization and handle multiple projects to meet deadlines.
- Protein processing industry experience.
- Bilingual in Spanish.
My journey through AFG has been an on-going developmental experience. This Management Trainee Program was a perfect bridge for me as an Operational intern to a supervisor in a plant. The program gave me the essential tools of connecting daily operations, supporting departments, and the overall goal of a plant to the companies. Being able to work and build crucial relationships in all departments gave me the understanding of each role and how crucial it is to work together as a whole. This experience was also crucial for me to develop my own style of leadership as a supervisor. I didn’t just learn how to manage in a plant; but also, to manage my own life and to take advantage of opportunities when they come.
Intern and Management Trainee
If you are...
- Hungry to take on new challenges and hold yourself to high standards
- Humble and proactive individual who will constantly seek improvement opportunities
- Willing to innovate and think outside the box
- Eager to be part of a hard-working team
- Willing to handle multiple projects & meet deadlines
Then keep reading!
Apply in just 15 to 25 minutes! You will need to upload your resume
You will receive an email confirming your submission immediately after applying.
If you have the experience we're looking for, we'll contact you. Your initial interview will be by phone
You will be notified of the decision within one to two weeks after your final interview with the hiring manager.